Coffee is my lover in the morning. So until our lips meet, mommy is off the clock. I can't hear you, I can't see you and I can't comprehend you, until I have my coffee!

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Pardon My Silence

I apologize for not writing, but you see, I don't know who reads this, or if anyone cares. Then I started thinking about how nice it would be to look back and remember the silly things my kids said, or what adventures we got ourselves into on a specific date. So, here I am again, attempting to write this blog. Lord knows I can't keep a photo album or journal about my kids, so I should be recording it all now, before they all go off to college. Then I can look back to this blog and cry about my little bitty babies. So, where to start?

Let's start by saying my kids love being homeschooled! Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus! It wasn't as hard as I expected and I love it more then I could ever comprehend. There is nothing better than watching your children grow and learn. You get to see that light bulb moment at the very time that it is being turned on. It's exciting to then hear them speak about something they learned later on. One example is, one day, Izayah was using a measuring cup to create a recipe to make a clay tablet for a Social studies assignment. I showed him how to measure, we completed the assignment. The end? No. A week later, I asked Izayah to look and see how much milk we had left, because I was writing a grocery list. He responds. "We have 1/4 left." I don't know if my jaw actually dropped or not, but I was shocked! I mean, yes I teach them, but to actually hear that they have retained the lessons,  and are using them in real life situations, is thrilling! This is what it's about people!

Needless to say, the kids are thriving and learning each day. Michael, my husband, then had to take time of work because of a severe bulging disc. I was then determined to go back into the workforce and help with the bills. Luckily, the child care center at my church was hiring. I work there in the mother's day out program, which I absolutely LOVE! I have the best co-workers, parents, and children there! It's an amazing place to work. We're always joking about how you can't wear mascara to work because you will cry almost daily. haha! God's spirit and love just surrounds that place. So once I took the job, I asked my kids if they wanted to return to public school since I will be at work, and they all yelled, "NO!" They did not want to return to school, and we decided as a family that homeschooling was working well for us. Even my husband, who was very skeptical about homeschooling in the beginning, was now on board! #GodThing So, they have been taking it very easy until my husband was able to have surgery and go back to work. This was a very hard time for us and struggled to pay bills. I have been so blessed as to have amazing people in my life to help me along the way. My friends, church family and family, have helped us in so many ways. They have been a huge blessing to us! I am looking forward to getting back into the grind of homeschooling now. I have been dropping hours of work, so that we can begin picking it back up again.

Life is up and down and all around, but without my faith, my family, and friends, I don't know how I would have gotten through these last few months. I have cried so so much. But things are better now, God made sure of it. It could have been worse we had enough food to eat, we had a house over our heads, and my children are healthy and happy. What more do we need?

*Stay tuned for more. I will try to update more often. It feels so good for my soul. I love to write. I need to come here and pour my heart out to you. Thanks for listening. Feel free to comment.

Love and Coffee,
Cass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh so you have a comment? Leave it here! :)