Coffee is my lover in the morning. So until our lips meet, mommy is off the clock. I can't hear you, I can't see you and I can't comprehend you, until I have my coffee!

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Expectations are Meaningless

Don't expect, don't plan, and don't assume, when you're a Mom. Heck, as a human being.  Life changes spontaneously. I had a great day at work, Kaydee had a fun day at church school (as she calls it). We come home, get Alexi ready for dance class, go to the dance studio and do our normal routine. Alexi goes to class, Kaydee plays, I stone a costume, all is well. So how was I to know what laid ahead of us? I don't. you don't get a crystal ball in life. You just walk one foot ahead of the other and hope you don't get hit by a bus. There are no guarantees in life. So when we got home, Kaydee fell asleep as I'm making dinner. Two hours later, I'm laying in bed watching tv and I hear, "Kaydee go tell Mommy you threw up!" I jump out of bed and go to the hallway to see Kaydee crying and covered in orange vomit! I clean her up at the toilet and tell her to finish throwing up. She had thrown up all over our giant bean bag and down the hallway! Now, there is something so heartbreaking about seeing your child vomit uncontrollably. I just prayed she would stop and I could take it from her. But my poor baby continued to vomit all night. It's now midnight and we are still awake. She is resting now and watching a movie on my phone. I just feel so bad for her. She was vomiting in the tub and saying, "I don't wanna throw up!!" It was so, so sad!

I had plans tomorrow. I wanted to take the kids to the library to get new books. Kaydee absolutely loves going to the library. I have Tuesday and Wednesday off, but now we will have to stay home so not to infect others. I have dance commitments to abide by. But sometimes you don't control what happens tomorrow or today. You take what you get and make due with it. You make it the best you can. So instead of all of my expectations for tomorrow, I will instead snuggle with my baby girl, help the kids get some schoolwork done, clean a little, and hopefully not become ill myself. I just thank God that we all woke up today. We are not all so blessed. A little stomach flu, that I can handle.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry your family is going through this! Since it's been a few days since you wrote this, I'm hoping she's feeling better and that no one else has caught the bug! You're right about expectations... My mom told me the night before my wedding to not have too high of expectations but to leave room for life to happen and for God to turn things in ways I didn't expect. She said a lot of other things that night, too, but that's what really stuck with me. Another thing she said growing up---"don't talk to me until I've had my coffee!!" Ha! I'm excited to see what you've got to share here. Hope you're having a great night!

    ReplyDelete

Oh so you have a comment? Leave it here! :)