Coffee is my lover in the morning. So until our lips meet, mommy is off the clock. I can't hear you, I can't see you and I can't comprehend you, until I have my coffee!

Monday, April 9, 2012

My Fried Rice recipe

So...Mama got a hot bath, a cup of coffee, and the baby is down for a nap, so it's time to blog!!! I'm gonna post my Fried Rice recipe here if you don't mind. ;) It's compiled from a bunch of different recipes i've found only and persoanlized to my family's taste. Feel free to add in your own ingrediants or whatever is hanging around in your kitchen. That's what is awesome about fried rice, it's all about dumping in whatever you have laying around! :) Here's what i used:

  • 3 bags of "Boil in a bag" white rice-COLD (i prefer to use the bags, SO much easier!)
  • scrambled eggs (i used 5 large eggs)
  • 1/3 cup yellow onion
  • 3/4 bag frozen mixed veggies (carrots, peas, corn and green beans)
  •  1 lb. ground beef
  •  1 bag of shrimp (i use raw so not to taste too fishy after i cook it.)
  • soy sauce
  • sesame oil (yes use this! It will make it taste authentic and smells delish!)

Other suggestions- green onions, minced garlic, deluxe stir fry veggies, chicken, etc.

First of all, you will need to cook your rice either the night before or at least 2 or 3 hours in advance. Trust me, it's for the best! Then, refrigerate it in a bowl after you've drained it of it's water. Once you're ready to start cooking, do your prep work. Cut the onion, cook the beef(or you could do chicken! Yum!), scramble the eggs, and cook your shrimp the way you like it. For my shrimp i add: chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little Season All. Once each ingrediant is cooked completly, pour it into a bowl and set these to the side of your oven. For the veggies and shrimp, i put them in the fridge to defrost hours in advance.
Ok, so you're ready to cook dinner? Here's how it's gonna go: 

1.Crank the heat up to a medium. Coat your pan with the sesame oil. Once you smell that intoxicating aroma, it's time for #2!  
2. Throw in half of your batch of rice.  
    

3. Scoop in your egg, onion, beef, shrimp and veggies and give it a good toss!

This is my shrimp! yum!

Finished product!
4. Now shake in the soy sauce all around, just eye ball it and taste to the way you like it. You do not want to over-do it, so less is best. You can always add in more after it's done to each family member's taste buds. You want a VERY light brown color to the rice.
Toss a few times until it is warmed all the way through and you're ready to eat fried rice that is beyond tastier then any buffet rice! (If i may say so myself!)  ;)

1 comment:

Oh so you have a comment? Leave it here! :)