Coffee is my lover in the morning. So until our lips meet, mommy is off the clock. I can't hear you, I can't see you and I can't comprehend you, until I have my coffee!

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

My Children, My Blessings

So since my last post, Skyler and Alexi both fell ill with the stomach virus. By the grace of God, that was where it stopped. I know have to steam clean my carpets due to some..ahem..accidents. (yuck!)
Anyways, tomorrow is my last day of work, until we come back in the new year. I'm going to miss my sweet babies, but I am excited to get to work on homeschooling my kids. We haven't done any schoolwork if a few months. But my smart kiddos will pick up quickly and I will make sure we get caught up. :)

I have so much fun watching my girls dance. It makes working well worth it. I would do anything to encourage their love of dance. I always wanted to dance as a young lady, but my hard-working mom worked 2 or 3 jobs just to pay the bills and feed us 3 kids, so dance wasn't an option. But it's fine, I am who I am. Now, I just do my best to give my girls what they want, as long as they work for it as well. I remember telling Alexi how there was a no crying rule if she made the competitive team. That was during the summer, and here it is December, and she has never cried at dance class!! If you know my dramatic, diva daughter, you won't believe this, but seriously though, it's TRUE! She cried an ocean at home, don't let it fool ya, but she is working hard at dance, and I couldn't be more proud! Bring on competition season!!!!! No wait, I'm really not ready! Shh! I play a good game....

The kids are doing great though. Izayah is 12, his voice is starting to change, he has acne, and he is taller than me now! Everytime I look at him, I just can't believe my first-born son is 12 year old and approaching his teens years! P.S. I'm getting OLD! I will be 30 next month-30! Gulp!
Skyler is 9 years old right now. He has a short fuse, and gets easily offended. But he has a big heart and he loves to hug his mama still, which I LOVE! He is doing so well homeschooling. It really suits him much better to be around a person that gets him. He is allowed to read in bed, upside-down, whatever-as long as he is reading, I don't care!
Alexi is 7 years old. She is kind, funny, and smart. She's doing well at homeschooling. She seems to really pick up on math easily! She did NOT get that from me. She has made some sweet friends this year through dance. It warms my heart to see her so happy! 
Kaydee is 3 year old and I can't imagine our house without her presence. She is the entertainer. She cracks us up! She is a sweet, sour, dramatic little girl. She will give you a big hug, walk away and then scream at you to get her some chips in a bowl. haha  She loves her some Doritos chips! Kaydee still sleeps with me at night. She is such a cuddler. I call her my "Snuggle Bunny". She has to fall asleep with my arm over her and she has to be cuddled up right next to me. It's precious in every way, and much to the displeasure of my husband, I am in no hurry to move her out. I know this is my last baby, and I want her to stay as young as possible. Because these kids of mine grow in a blink of the eye. It breaks my heart, but makes me excited to see them grow up, all at the same time. It's hard to be a mom; but I wouldn't change any of the impatient moments, stomach bugs, temper tantrums, bloody noses, or moments when my child approaches me and asks me what this particular curse word means. (God help me!) I am blessed each day I wake up with my 4 children. They are the best things I have ever done. I am so lucky to be their mom. It's the best.thing.ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh so you have a comment? Leave it here! :)